Tree Planting and Shrub Planting Worcester
We make tree and shrub planting easy. Simply schedule an installation date, mark your desired location with our provided plant flags, and be sure the name of the plant is on each flag. Then, call us up to mark the area and we’ll install your plants!
Planting fees include labor to plant, as well as delivery within five miles from the nearest store.
Soil, starter fertilizer, and mulch is not included. Worcester Landscaping Services will help estimate the correct amount for these items to ensure your plants are healthy and happy in their new home.
Worcester Landscaping Services charges extra for tree staking.
- Are drainage, climate, and exposure (sun, shade & wind) conditions appropriate for the plants being installed? If you’re unsure, please ask us for advice.
- Is the area clear of all stumps, ground cover, and debris?
- Clearly mark all lines if they’re in the planting area.
- Are there gas, power, cable, drain, water, sprinkler or invisible fence lines in the area?
- Have you staked the area to clearly identify where the plants go? Write the name of each plant on each stake.
- Is the planting area easy to find? Are all gates unlocked? Can the area be reached with a wheelbarrow?
- Do you have a dog? Make sure to notify us, if so.
New Tree & Shrub Care
After planting, trees and shrubs should be watered thoroughly. After the first initial watering, water when soil is dry to the touch – about 1.5-inch or knuckle deep.
Watering will usually be needed every two days, however check regularly and only water when necessary. Too much water or lack of water are top reasons plants fail to grow. Water more frequently during long periods of hot and dry weather. Try to water before noon during warm weather. In the fall, be sure to water any new plants once a week until the ground freezes. It might not be necessary to water when a week’s rainfall is at least 1-inch.
If plants are in clay soil, be sure they do not sit in water.
To encourage a deep root system, let a slow trickle of water soak into the soil at the plant base for 10-15 minutes.
Keep the soil cultivated and grass-free around trees, or mulch with 1 to 2-inches of organic material such as pine, fir or cypress bark, or soil conditioner.
Trunk-wrap young trees the first winter season to prevent sun-scald. Remove wrap in warm weather. Evergreens should be screened from wind and salt spray.
- Sod & Soil Removal
Worcester Landscaping Services will remove an area large enough to accommodate the root ball of the plant. Creating beds and berms is not included. Whenever possible, Worcester Landscaping Services will incorporate excavated soil into the landscape, however, off-site removal may incur disposal fees.
- Plant Removal
The planting area needs to be ready to plant in, with the exception of sod removal. Brush and other debris must be removed prior to the scheduled planting day. Small shrubs may be removed at the time of planting for a fee
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Planting price includes one-time replacement of plants and re-planting of equal or lesser value, with the purchase of soil.